SSE Business Lab
About the role
As the Program Manager for SSE Business Lab, you will be leading the work of guiding high-potential startups through our programs. Your goal will be to develop our programs according to current needs by constantly tweaking and adapting them in order to increase quality and maintain a high success rate amongst our startups. You will also screen applicants and be highly involved in the admission process.
In this newly formed role, you will be responsible for your own processes and encouraged to develop your areas of responsibility. Furthermore, you will be a part of a small team where you will be able to broaden and deepen your skills, as well as making an important impact.
Just as in start-ups, you drive your own processes, experiment, learn and adjust as you go. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing our three programs; Initiate, Activate and Incubate
- Evaluating applications (pitch deck screening, interviews)
- Onboarding and Offboarding startups in our programs
- Streamlining routines and processes
- Building the awareness of incubation and acceleration at SSE (at events and together with our Marketing Manager)
Is this you?
You are passionate about start-ups and the start-up industry. We think that you are in the beginning of your career and are interested in taking the next step in your career. Furthermore, this role is:
- Startup specialized: Ideally you have a strong interest in following the startup scene and experience from working with a startup/incubator and/or for a Venture Capital fund.
- Service-minded: People rise to greatness when they are in a good environment, our mission is therefore to make it as comfortable for our entrepreneurs as possible.
- Fast-paced: We’re never not busy breeding unicorns, organizing your work in a highly structured manner is of the essence.
- Communicative: You will be juggling multiple projects simultaneously, delegating and constantly sharing information. You should therefore be confident in clear and concise communication, both spoken and written, Swedish as well as English.
- Decisive: This is an autonomous position, so you should be self-driven and self-motivated, curious and eager to learn. You should be confident in making quick decisions and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible: As a small team, we also take on other responsibilities sometimes, so you should feel comfortable helping where it’s needed, even if it means stepping out of your role.
We offer you
We offer a great environment to work in that is characterized by a very diverse culture, driven by innovation and a wish to make the world, or at least Stockholm, a better place. Our entrepreneurs are demanding but they also love exchanging ideas and will teach you a lot more than you’d expect.
You will mostly be working with small teams and won’t have strict working hours but your presence and listening skills will be highly regarded and appreciated. Your impact will be valued not only by the SSE Business Lab board of directors but mainly by all our entrepreneurs.
In addition to the central location, our landlord A house offers Yoga & Mindfulness sessions for members, lunches cooked in the kitchen by well-established chefs and free breakfasts on Thursdays.
About your new workplace
SSE Business Lab is the start-up incubator of Stockholm School of Economics.
Our vision is to strengthen Sweden’s competitiveness by providing a platform for growth to exceptional entrepreneurs, in the likes of Klarna, Budbee and VOI. To realize this vision, we offer different programs to companies in different stages. During the programs we provide affordable office spaces at the innovation hub A house, coaching from alumni with extensive backgrounds within executive and/or entrepreneurial leadership, workshops with researchers or knowledgeable lecturers, as well as access to a large network of assisting partners from our partner program.
Want to apply? Don’t wait!
Send in your application today as we are accepting applications on a rolling basis. To apply, please upload a CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, what you believe you can contribute with and a desired salary (please keep it brief, max half a A4).
This is a full-time, permanent position (a 6-month probationary applies). We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before last application date.
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs. However, we are also aware of the impact unconscious bias has on the recruitment process. We therefore kindly ask applicants not to state their gender, age, ethnicity or any other factor that may trigger unconscious bias. For this same reason, please do not submit a photo with your application.Type of employmentPermanent positionContract typeFull timeFirst day of employmentAs soon as possibleSalaryAccording to agreementNumber of positions1Working hours100%CityStockholmCountyStockholms länCountrySwedenReference number2019/55Contact
- Regarding the position: Julia Delin, CEO , +4673-724 94 12
- For HR related questions: Linda Tarmet, +46 722 39 44 31