SSE Business Lab
About the role
As the Marketing Manager for SSE Business Lab you will play a crucial part in the incubator’s success. Your goal will be to increase the deal flow and number of applicants to our programs by increasing the awareness of the incubator among students and alumni of SSE. In this newly formed role, you will be responsible for your own processes and encouraged to develop your areas of responsibility. Furthermore, you will be a part of a small team where you will be able to broaden and deepen your skills, as well as making an important impact.
In this role, you will work closely with the External Relations department at the Stockholm School of Economics (SSE), ensuring that initiatives are in line with SSE strategy.
Just as in start-ups, you drive your own processes, experiment, learn and adjust as you go. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a marketing plan - The Marketing Platform already exists, now we need your help in setting up a plan for executing on it.
- Creating and distributing marketing content - Design content based off our graphic design and post regularly on social media.
- Building the awareness of incubation and acceleration at SSE (at events or through digital channels).
Is this you?
Marketing is your passion and you are intrigued by helping start-ups grow. We think that you are in the beginning of your career, with some marketing experience, and are interested in taking the next step. Furthermore, this role is:
- Junior: We want to make sure this a field you wish to pursue your career within, so you should have at least 1 year of experience in a marketing-related position.
- Communicative: Many people will get to hear and read your messages, so you should be great at expressing yourself in English (Swedish preferred but not required), through both spoken and written communication. You should also understand how to frame our message in a clear, concise, and compelling way.
- Autonomous: This is an autonomous position, so you should be self-driven and self-motivated, curious and eager to learn. You should be confident in making quick decisions and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Social: It’s also a social and creative role, so you should enjoy networking and socializing, attending different industry events in the purpose of networking and broadening the awareness of SSE Business Lab.
- Fast-paced: We’re never not busy breeding unicorns, and we will need you to set the strategy for our marketing efforts, organizing your work accordingly in a highly structured matter.
- Creative: We haven’t had much of a marketing department before, so you should be eager to set the stage for our marketing efforts and follow through on your initiatives.
- Flexible: As a small team, we also take on other responsibilities sometimes, so you should feel comfortable helping where it’s needed, even if it means stepping out of your role.
We offer you
We offer a great environment to work in that is characterized by a very diverse culture, driven by innovation and a wish to make the world, or at least Stockholm, a better place. Our entrepreneurs are demanding but they also love exchanging ideas and will teach you a lot more than you’d expect.
You will mostly be working with small teams and won’t have strict working hours but your presence and listening skills will be highly regarded and appreciated. Your impact will be valued not only by the SSE Business Lab board of directors but mainly by all our entrepreneurs.
In addition to the central location, our landlord A house offers Yoga & Mindfulness sessions for members, lunches cooked in the kitchen by well-established chefs and free breakfasts on Thursdays.
About your new workplace
SSE Business Lab is the start-up incubator of Stockholm School of Economics.
Our vision is to strengthen Sweden’s competitiveness by providing a platform for growth to exceptional entrepreneurs, in the likes of Klarna, Budbee and VOI. To realize this vision, we offer different programs to companies in different stages. During the programs we provide affordable office spaces at the innovation hub A house, coaching from alumni with extensive backgrounds within executive and/or entrepreneurial leadership, workshops with researchers or knowledgeable lecturers, as well as access to a large network of assisting partners from our partner program.
Want to apply? Don’t wait!
Send in your application today as we are accepting applications on a rolling basis. To apply, please upload a CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, what you believe you can contribute with and a desired salary (please keep it brief, max half a A4).
This is a full-time, permanent position (a 6-month probationary applies). We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before last application date.
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs. However, we are also aware of the impact unconscious bias has on the recruitment process. We therefore kindly ask applicants not to state their gender, age, ethnicity or any other factor that may trigger unconscious bias. For this same reason, please do not submit a photo with your application.
Type of employmentPermanent positionContract typeFull timeFirst day of employmentAs soon as possibleSalaryAccording to agreementNumber of positions1Working hours100%CityStockholmCountyStockholms länCountrySwedenReference number2019/54Contact
- Regarding the position: Julia Delin, CEO, +4673-724 94 12
- HR related questions: Linda Tarmet, +4672-239 44 31